Accounting Clerk / Sales Support
Looking for a part time super hero to help our growing business. The Accounting Clerk/Sales Support position is responsible for handling accounting duties and administrative support of the sales team. Job duties include day to day office tasks, communications and basic bookkeeping activities, answer phones and input customer orders.
Super flexible 20-25 hours per week.
- Performs bookkeeping duties or assist Accounting as needed
- Handle, process and distribute daily Sales invoices
- Process accounts payables ensuring accuracy of information and time completion
- Maintain vendor accounts, including current W-9 forms
- Process accounts receivable ensuring accuracy of information and timely completion
- Maintain customer account information
- Process credit card payments
- Provide general reception duties, switchboard, greeting guest and re-directing clients and vendors, as needed
- Read and route incoming mail
- Assist with filing, scanning, photocopying and faxing
- May order office supplies, as requested.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding organizational skills a must, this position involves handling a variety of different tasks from multiple areas simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment, while handling interruptions as part of the routine.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize errors solve problems and make corrections as needed.
- Strong team player, willing to help out and assist others when needed.
- Ability to act as the first point of contact on the phone and in person. Consistently projecting a positive image of the company when interacting with internal and external people in a professional manner.
Education and Experience required:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computers using Microsoft Office including Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with accounting software an asset.
- High School Diploma, required. Accounting certificate or diploma preferred.